Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One November Agile Gig Down, One To Go

Yesterday I did my 8th (?) semi-annual guest lecture for the 2nd year Computer Science class at the local university. This time the daughter of a friend of ours was there, as she just happened to be taking that course. Of course, the last time I saw her she was about 13 or 14 years old, so it was great to catch up with her! The lecture started off slow and I was afraid I was losing some of the students at first, but then around the midway mark I seemed to get into a groove. I got the loudest and most enthusiastic applause at the end that I've ever gotten, so that assessment about pulling it out eventually wasn't just my imagination, either. No idea what went wrong and then right, though.

Next week it's the Agile 101 workshop for the local Project Management chapter, which is looking like it'll be about 20 or so people. I spent some time Monday and yesterday getting the slides ready for it, combining two sets from previous engagements ("Agile 101" and "PMs in an Agile World") into one hopefully cohesive presentation. Should be interesting, and if it goes well maybe I'll be asked to repeat it for other PM chapters around the area.

Such is my work life at the moment. Plus I need to start thinking about the next novel.

No comments: