Thursday, November 24, 2011

AgileMan's Latest Real-Life Adventure

Exactly one month ago today, I posted about an upcoming Agile 101 session that I was going to run for the local chapter of the Project Management Institute. That particular event happened today!

I'm happy to report that the session sold out, and that there's already a waiting list building for another one (currently slated for mid-January). Of the 24 attendees, I knew 3 of them from past work experiences. It was a good, enthusiastic group, and the day flew by (for me, at least!).

The results of the 1-page survey that I always ask them to fill out were:

Effectiveness of the presentation portion: 8.7 (out of 10)
Effectiveness of the hands on portion: 8.2 (out of 10)
Effectiveness of Product Manager role for the hands on: 8.9 (out of 10)

These are pretty typical results for this workshop, which always seems to go over well. I was actually surprised at the difference between the ratings for the hands on itself (8.2) versus the facilitation of it (8.9), but there was one person who gave the former a 4 and the latter a 9, perhaps explaining at least part of that. I think it's also a reflection of the high quality of assistance I got, as Vicki and the chapter's president acted as Product Managers along with me during the hands on.

Anyway, it was a great - albeit draining!! - day, and provided me with both some good experience as well as a bit of income. I'm likely to be doing more work for the PMI in the future.

No comments: