Sunday, June 22, 2008

Comic Cutting

Over the couple of months, I've been getting more and more ruthless about trimming the comics that I buy each week. I'm using a technique that seems to be working: since I stack my to-be-read comics in order of best-to-worst (in terms of how much interest I have in reading each), anytime I notice a title consistently falling toward the bottom of the pile I figure it's time to cut it loose. It used to be that mini-series were almost always exempt from such a policy, because I generally finished any one that I started. Not anymore! I got the first 2 issues of a 4-part Iron Man mini-series, wasn't really grabbed by the 2nd one, and said, "See ya!" to the series!

I expect that this approach will soon have me down to about 15 - 25 titles per month, as compared to the 40 - 60 that I've been routinely buying for decades now. And then we'll see where it goes from there.

No comments: