Sunday, June 15, 2008

The End Of Twenty-Two Years Of Employment

No, no, I'm not planning on quitting tomorrow (nor have I been weekend-fired!)

Instead, tomorrow is the 22nd anniversary of the day I started full-time employment, way back on June 16, 1986. That makes today the completion of my 22nd year, and tomorrow the start of my 23rd year. And we're talking about continuous employment here, for those among you who might have taken some "down time" between jobs in your career (by choice or otherwise). Not Kimota94, though, who didn't skip a beat between the bank gig and the current one (there may've even been an overlap in there, but who can remember such details now?)

That's a lot of days spent thinking about quitting without actually doing anything about it. Almost seems a shame, in a way...

No comments: