Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer Finally Arrives

Today was relatively hot, and very muggy... officially launching us into the South Western Ontario phenomenon known as "summer." The pool was only about 76 F (25 C) and yet Vicki, after being outside all afternoon taking part in Volunteer Day, came home and went for a swim (her first of the season)! That's when you know it's summer...

As for me, I've been finding that I can't do my customary 5 laps when I jump in the pool after biking home from work because I've hurt something in my left shoulder (again). I had this same thing 4 or 5 years ago when I had my target of swimming 1000 laps over the course of the summer, and now it's back. I'm guessing that age has something to do with it, as I never had these kinds of problems in my 20s or 30s...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dripping with envy. Litterally dripping, it's disgusting out there!

T said...

Two words:

Hot Yoga.

Five words:

It will help the shoulder.