Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Exciting Comics Coming Out Tomorrow (Jun 3rd Edition)

As I continue to pare my monthly buying list down, it means that whatever I do buy generally qualifies as pretty exciting. For example, this week's purchases-to-be:

Avengers/Invaders # 2 - Have I ever mentioned how much I love super-team mix-em-ups? Going all the way back to the Avengers/Defenders War. # 10 on my Favourite (non-Alan Moore) Comic Stories of All-Time? Well, I do! And this one's no exception!

Buffy the Vampire Humper # 15 - The current storyline has Dracula (from one very entertaining episode of the TV show) helping the legion of slayers take on a group of old-school vamps with powers more like Drac's

Justice Society of America # 16 - JSA continues to be the best team book out there, month in and month out; right now we're in the middle of a big saga involving Gog, Magog, the Kingdom Come Superman and more heroes than can fit around a meeting table (as we saw in a recent issue)

Manhunter # 31 - Having fought off cancellation twice now, this title returns from its most recent hiatus with a small but vocal fan base who hope that it can continue to defy the odds (including me)

Omega the Unknown # 9 - The second last issue of this incredibly-entertaining re-imagining by Jonathan Lethem is nigh; I can honestly say that I've loved almost every page of this series so far, and that's more than I can say about the original Omega series by Steve Gerber!

Secret Invasion # 3 - Will anything actually be revealed within these pages? Or will characters just stand around in heroic poses and exchange barbs with each other, not knowing if they're arguing with teammates or evil Skrulls posing as same? Who knows! This title's only staying on the buy-list because it's a mini-series and won't overstay its welcome...

Trinity # 1 - Third time's the charm? Will this latest attempt by DC at mastering the weekly comic format be an unqualified success (even beyond what 52 accomplished) or another miserable failure (like Countdown tended to be)? I'll have a better idea by this time tomorrow!

Ultimate Origins # 1 - I guess, in a way, this 5-issue mini-series lives up to its name: after all, it's the origin of the entire Ultimate universe! That's got to qualify as an ultimate origin, if anything would! I'm mostly buying it for the Jackson Guice artwork, but hopefully there'll be a story worth reading in there somewhere, too.

No comments: