Thursday, June 18, 2009

Big News For Justice League Fans

About a year or so ago, DC Comics announced that James Robinson would be writing a 2nd ongoing Justice League title, which would feature a splinter group of heroes headed up by Green Lantern and Green Arrow. I've been a fan of Robinson's since the 90s when he was crafting the excellent Starman saga (still one of my favourite titles, and one which I've reread in its entirety at least once). For that reason, I was more excited about Robinson's JLA title than I've been for the regular one in quite a while now.

But then the other shoe dropped several months ago. Robinson's Justice League was only going to be a miniseries instead, running just six issues. Bah! His rocky relationship with DC's Dan Didio was rumoured to be to blame, but regardless: I was very disappointed!

Today, however, I read some happier news: DC's blog is reporting that James Robinson will be taking over the main JLA title, later this year! Yay! I don't know how long it will last, but, for now at least, I'm pleased. And this means I can enjoy the upcoming Justice League: Cry for Justice miniseries even more, knowing that it won't be the only Robinson JLA that I'll get to enjoy in 2009!

No comments: