Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Brutally Hot Day

Today was not the day to have to do anything strenuous outside in this neck of the woods, and yet somehow I ended up going on a long bike trip that included stops at the chiropractor, comic store and bike repair shop (to pick up a fixed flat tire from last week). By the time I got home from all of that, I was soaked in sweat and particularly appreciative of the fact that there was a nice, refreshing pool in the backyard to jump into!

I feel great sympathy for anyone who was working outside today and didn't have any similar way to cool down easily. It was just nasty out there today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me glad I vowed to not earn a living doing manual labour. 10+ years of farm and construction work were enough, thank you very much.