Monday, June 29, 2009

Off The Air For A Bit Today

The fence builders managed to cut our phone line today with all of their hole-digging, leaving me with no ground line (and Vicki had the only working cell phone in the family with her at the office). More importantly, I was stranded with no Internet for about 9 hours. It didn't look like we'd even get a service call until tomorrow morning, but then a Bell guy showed up unexpectedly around 7:30 tonight and just like that - if "just like that" suggests an hour or more of fiddling with wires and digging around in wet dirt - we were back on the air.

It's funny how cut off I feel anymore if I lose the Internet. A mere 15 years ago I'd barely have noticed such a thing. Is this progress I'm feeling?

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Imagine the younger generation with the blue teeth in their ears all the time....how will they feel in another 15 years if someone takes it away. The things we adjust too!