Friday, June 12, 2009

Wow! That Was A Great Game 7!

That save Fleury made on Lidstrom with a second or two left on the clock? Unbelievable! With that move he preserved the 2-1 victory and allowed his team to win their third Stanley Cup and first one of the Sidney Crosby era.

The final several minutes of that game were so exciting that I was actually holding my breath... and I didn't care who won! I can't imagine what that must have been like for Wings and Penguins fans (well, actually I can... Game 7 in 1994 was even more intense).

I'm sure there will be some bitter Red Wings followers out there, whining about the officiating, or the grueling schedule for their team, or whatever... but considering that their team won it all last frigging year, suck it up already! The Penguins, like Detroit, had a phenomenal postseason and one of them had to lose.

Anyone who didn't think that that was a spectacular Final series this year doesn't know squat about hockey.

No comments: