Monday, July 30, 2007

BoilBoy - The After Photo


And here's what it looks like after you've had a huge and grotesque boil excised, leaving a lovely crater in its place.

Morning routine now includes tearing off yesterday's bandage (and more of my back hair), removing the foot or so of bloodied packing gauze, irrigating the hole, and then re-packing with fresh gauze under a new bandage. And then usually I have a 2- or 3-hr nap, since the 2 percocets have worked their magic by then. Lovely way to spend a vacation week, eh! I'm just lucky to have Nurse Vicki in my life...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EeeeewWwWWW!

This will teach me to check your blog.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Some pictures just aren't intended for children, son...

Mike Marsman said...

DO NOT WANT

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

DO NOT WANT to miss the chance to have this happen to you, Mike?? Oh boy...

cjguerra said...

The closest I have come to that... THING... was a sebaceous cyst on the side of my head. Much less, uh, obvious than a boil. It is like a really, really slow growing boil that need to be removed after it tried to eat my glasses. Well, not eat, but it was very slowly trying to engulf one arm. It was relatively big, but not nearly as large or angry as what has been pictured. Looked like an alien invasion - good thing you got rid of them when you did!