Thursday, August 19, 2010

Building A Better Game

I enjoy imagining what games are going to be like before I actually get to play them, and it's almost a foregone conclusion that I'll do that when it comes to sequels to titles I loved. I took part in a long online survey from Insomniac Games months ago in which they asked all kinds of questions about what I'd thought of Resistance 2, especially in comparison to Resistance: Fall of Man. I took my time filling out my answers, and tried to make it as comprehensive as possible, given that I'd spent hours thinking about that very topic as I played through R2's various modes last year.

With the arrival of the Resistance 3 trailer this week, there's been a lot of chatter about the game. Here's one good example, containing lots of suggestions for how R3 can be great... most of which I'd agree with. Now we'll just have to sit back and wait to see what we actually get.

No comments: