Sunday, August 01, 2010

Happy Slackiversary To Me!

Two years ago today, I worked my last day of full-time employment! I was pretty wiped by the time it was all over, but luckily I've had two years (and counting) to recover... and it's been going very well indeed!

Thanks to Vicki's 7-month contract last year, and my Math tutoring as well as the occasional consulting gig, we've actually reduced our "bridge to retirement" nestegg (that we've been living off of since Aug 2008) by considerably less than expected. We've also been somewhat frugal over that stretch, but not to any painful degree (though Vicki might disagree!). I think it helped that we took a portion of Vicki's contract payout every two weeks and gave it to ourselves as splurge money.

Anyway, feel free to post comments expressing your own feelings about this auspicious date in history.

1 comment:

Michael Kernahan said...

Congrats!

Must be nice having a sugar Momma ya lazy bum! :-)