Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pacifism During Wartime Is A Challenge

I absolutely love this story about a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 veteran player who, after prestiging 5 times, decided to see if he could rank up from level 1 to level 70 in the game's multiplayer arena without actually killing anyone!

This is the flip side to the typical "bragging rights" feat that some gamers go for, where they'll attempt to get all the way through a single player campaign on the hardest difficulty without dying even once. I personally find this pacifistic foray much more interesting and entertaining. I remember trying something like this ages ago, where I wanted to see if I could play through a game without stopping to kill any of the bad guys: I'd just run from objective to objective, trying to stay alive. I tired of it quite quickly, so we'll see how this guy does (he's at level 5 already, but the promotions get harder the higher you go). Kudos to him for trying!

No comments: