Monday, November 22, 2010

(An Almost) Happy Birthday To Boneman

It had all the makings of a very special 41st birthday today, when he found out that he had to travel to Tampa with his boss on business at the same time his beloved Bruins were visiting the Lightning. Sure enough, they got tickets and headed out to the game tonight... what a great birthday present!

I first knew that things weren't going well when I got a text reading "This game blows" (which I initially mistook as coming from Julie, my usual texting-buddy, making me wonder just what game she was watching!). After being down 3-0, the Bruins pulled a little closer but the game ended 3-1. As I texted him back, that's the kind of game I usually get when I make the mistake of watching the Rangers live: they get behind early and never have a lead! Oh well... at least he got to the game!

1 comment:

Boneman8 said...

The building was nearly half empty as well...which is weird to see when you consider that Tampa is a pretty decent team this season, and two of their players (Stamkos and St. Louis) are high in the player points (Stamkos actually leads in goals and possibly overall points).

I guess that's what hockey is like in Florida...which is too bad.