Monday, November 01, 2010

The Giants Win The World Series While George W Bush Quietly Weeps

I don't know for sure, but it seemed to me that every time George W Bush - former owner of the Texas Rangers, I believe - showed up in his front row seat in Arlington this postseason, the home team lost. They definitely lost both times in the ALDS against the Rays, and it seemed like they did whenever he was there while the Yankees were in town. Last night and tonight he and Laura were on hand to watch back-to-back losses, 4-0 and 3-1, sending the Giants to their first championship since leaving New York in the 1950s. I'm sure I wasn't the only casual viewer of the playoffs this year who started rooting against the Rangers just because W was obviously pulling for them. That guy's legacy lives on!

Anyway, congrats to the Giants. They played 3 great series and deserve the title.

No comments: