Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Sporting Wife

Just to mix things up a bit, today I asked Vicki if she'd be willing to play a little Call of Duty: Black Ops with me. I know that, when it comes to video games, First Person Shooters are not her cup of tea at all, but occasionally I can twist her arm into trying one out. I guess I caught her in a particularly good mood today!

We started off with some multiplayer (Team Deathmatch) Combat Training against Artificial Intelligence bots, the skills of which I'd dialed down to their lowest level. We played several maps but for whatever reason, the game kept putting us on opposite sides (must be a setting, but I couldn't find it). That wasn't particularly fun so then we opted for Zombies, instead.

This was a better choice for Vicki, and we enjoyed about four or five matches before Vicki was done in by the stressful and nausea-inducing action. We played online with two strangers each time, and so our success varied a fair bit as a result. I think we got to level 5 at our peak (I've gotten to level 11 or 12 when playing with 3 random partners before, once or twice) but Vicki was really getting the hang of it by the last game. She says she's up for more another time, so we'll see how that that goes.

I definitely have not gotten into Black Ops like I did Modern Warfare 2, at least not yet. It's fun, but not nearly the addictive experience the earlier game was. I can't put my finger on what the difference is, or whether maybe it's the fact that the two games aren't different enough that's to blame. Still and all, I'm certainly getting my money's worth, unlike earlier purchases of Left 4 Dead 2, Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Must kill zombies, until nausea ensues!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)