Monday, November 22, 2010

Mad About Mad Men

OK, maybe not quite "mad", but definitely enthusiastic. We've finished the Season One DVD that I bought and have now started watching Season Two via Netflix. It's certainly well written and engaging, although both of the concerns that Tammy expressed as to why she thought I wouldn't like it were valid. I guess I'm just able to get past them better than she'd expected.

There's also something to be said for watching the early episodes with someone who's seen them already (Vicki) and being able to bounce ideas off of her as to where I think things are heading, when she knows more about what's going on than I do. I'll give my wife top marks in not spoiling anything so far, which is better than I could do if the situation were reversed, I'm sure.

I'd say the 2nd season hasn't started off as strongly as the 1st one finished, but that's understandable as those last couple episodes of the inaugural season were pretty damned impressive. We're now at the point where we typically watch one each day, after starting much more slowly than that. Netflix should get us through Season Three, and then after that I'll have to figure out how best to get current so I can start watching them "live" (or, PVR-live). Thanks to all those who encouraged me to give Mad Men a watch.

No comments: