Thursday, March 10, 2011

Birthday Report 2011 (Part 1)

Vicki made my birthday special today by bestowing upon me quite simply the largest book I've ever seen. The image to the left does not convey the enormity of Paul Levitz's 75 Years of DC Comics: The Art of Modern Mythmaking. I'd heard it was large; I hadn't realized that small children could be trapped under it! The thing actually comes in its own carrying case; that's how big it is!

I also received People First Economics, a book with many different contributors, including one of my current faves - Naomi Klein (The Shock Doctrine), as well as a couple of beautiful Thor comics from the Silver Age of Comics (the Thunder God has a movie coming out in a couple months, I hear).

Julie was kind enough to take me out to lunch today, and Vicki did the honours for dinner... meaning that I'm very well stuffed right now! Woof!

Tammy is supposed to visit this weekend, making her first return home since the day after Christmas! Assuming she makes it here, that may be the best birthday present of all! And the following weekend, Julie has invited Vicki and I over for a joint birthday/anniversary party at her place, meaning that the fun just keeps on coming.

No comments: