Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday Report 2011 (Part 3)

Vicki's now received her birthday presents from me, which included a Traveling Wilburys CD, some Lush cream, a couple of mystery books, and...

... a Kindle!

That's right, the same handheld eReader that I've been porting my books over to is also the latest toy in Vicki's ensemble! She was genuinely surprised by the choice, but in a good way. I gave her a carrying case and a $30 gift card for it, as well, and she's already ordered her first eBook: Wake, by Robert J. Sawyer! It should be interesting to see what this does to her reading habits, now that so many possibilities are just a few clicks (rather than klicks) away!

Meanwhile, I'm working on the Kindle-izing of my More Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Year 2: Easier Said Than Done). I've had 2 Kindle sales so far, one each from the U.S. and U.K. stores, both for my Math book. It still remains to be seen whether there's any market for AgileMan in this eBook landscape.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

My Kindle is kool and my hands smell nice too thanks to the Lush!