Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Help Me Pick A Font

One of the more interesting criticisms I received about my last book was that my choice of font was rather underwhelming. I think it was Times New Roman that I'd used, which was admittedly not a very exciting selection. It was, in fact, more of a default choice, as I rarely think about such cosmetic matters as much as I should.

So... with a new book in the process of being written, I thought I'd put it out there: what's a good font to use for a novel? I'm certainly open to try something more exotic than TNR, although I may ultimately be limited by what's supported for whatever publishing option I choose. (Currently, I'd say I'll be using Lulu for that, but co-plotter Julie's already raised the question of whether I should try to find an actual publisher this time around. That sounds pretty daunting, and potentially quite depressing, but... we'll see.)

At any rate, now's your chance to try to sell me on your favourite font!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garamond Pro is nice.

I'll be back with more once I go through some of my book collection. :)

Jimmy said...

I like Tiresias and Franklin Gothic Medium.

Font snobs never tire of Helvetica.

Boneman8 said...

Wingdings 2!!! Wingdings 2!!!

Boneman8 said...

Wingdings 2!!! Wingdings 2!!!