Thursday, March 03, 2011

A Day In The Life

Today has just been one of those days. I thought I had a handle on it when I got up this morning, but I was completely off the mark.

I had planned to spend the morning playing a little Killzone 3 - which I've barely touched since the weekend - only to receive an e-mail shortly after I got up inquiring after my AgileMan services and wondering if I had a 1-page bio that I could provide. Just like that, my morning was re-purposed toward that hopeful goal.

I thought I had one Math tutoring session for the day at 4:00 this afternoon, but it ended up not happening because the student was sick. (I had to phone about his whereabouts 5 minutes into the session to find this out, though.)

So naturally at this point, I can't help but wonder just how the rest of the day is going to compare with my expectations. We're supposed to be receiving the family cat of friends of ours, in order to look after him while they're away on vacation. Will that still happen? Who can say! I hope it does, though, as it'll be nice to have an actual friendly cat in the house for a change, since Lucy certainly doesn't qualify (and Rascal's been gone for months). Of course, we're expecting fireworks once she discovers that she's got company in the pet department, but it's hard to feel sorry for her.

(The current plan right now calls for our four-legged guest tonight to stay for just over two weeks, followed by a couple weeks of "normalcy" before we get yet another feline visitor for about 17 days. Yes, it feels like we might just be turning into a Cat Hotel around here!)

Vicki's supposed to be tutoring her student tonight, in a session re-scheduled from last night when that pupil was sick! It seems like there's a bug going around, or maybe it's just National Change of Plans week and nobody told us!

No comments: