Saturday, March 12, 2011

That's Snow Fun!

I wasn't crazy about the big dumping of snow that we got yesterday, especially when I tried to shovel the driveway and felt my back go out on me!

On the other hand, when Julie, Cooper and I went for a walk in the woods last night, it was all worth it:



The trees were all bent over - or in some cases, knocked down! - by the weight of the snow, making for the most difficult passage that Julie's ever seen in 5 or 6 years of walking those woods. We were about two hours covering a distance that normally takes about 45 minutes, but saw some amazing sights... including this impromptu natural shelter that certain members of our party couldn't resist trying on for size!



If my back hadn't been so sore, I would've enjoyed the experience even more. But it was still a pretty amazing trek that neither of us will soon forget!

No comments: