Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Portal 2 Is Awesome!

I've only played about 25 minutes so far, but I could easily have continued for hours! The sequel is every bit as much fun as the original - so far, anyway - and I haven't even tried the co-op campaign yet. This is one game where it pays to listen to the dialogue as you go... it's freaking hilarious!! I laughed out loud so many times in the first few minutes that Vicki - who's supposed to be working - had to come and watch for a bit! I love this game already.

The one thing that seems strange about the idea of a co-op version of Portal is that, unlike shooters, I'm not sure how much replayability a puzzle game will have after you've been through it once. Won't you know how to do everything, making the game kind of boring? That's different from a shooter where the experience is always varied by the style(s) of the other player(s) in the game. Hmmmm. I should probably just trust in Valve that they'll pull it off somehow... after all, this is the Half-Life company we're talking about!

1 comment:

deals hyderabad said...

i 'll try.. :)