Monday, December 31, 2012

I Love The Girl...

We just finished watching the original (Swedish) version of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, which is the 3rd in the trilogy that started with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and continued with The Girl Who Played With Fire.  I loved all three of them, although the first is still my favourite, thanks to the mystery angle that's such a big part of it.  I also greatly enjoyed seeing Prometheus's Noomi Rapace in all three films, as I think she's a wonderful, unconventional actress.  I'll watch the American versions, I'm sure, but I suspect it's going to be hard to match the gritty realism of the originals and the fine, low-key quality of the acting.  Highly recommended to anyone willing to read sub-titles in pursuit of being thoroughly entertained.

No comments: