Thursday, February 12, 2009

Are There Any Video Games Due Out This Year That Don't Have "Killzone" In Their Name?

Don't get me wrong: I'm as jazzed as the next PS/3 nerd about getting my hands on Killzone 2 when it launches in 15 days (not that I'm counting) but the hype around this game has reached truly epic proportions of late. How bad has it gotten? I keep encountering articles with captivating titles like:
  • "Killzone 2 review scandal: Edge vs the World"
  • "Critics say Killzone 2 is the Redeemer"
  • "The Top 5 First Person Shooter Games This Generation Pre-Killzone 2"
  • "Hype to Hurt Killzone 2?"
In other words, it's almost like there are currently two types of upcoming games in the pipeline: Killzone 2, and everything else.

Even in the days of a new Halo launch, I've never before seen a feeding frenzy of anticipation quite this all-encompassing, and yet single-minded, in its ferocity. Welcome to the Killzone 2 era of gaming.

And yes, I've already pre-ordered my copy...

No comments: