Thursday, February 12, 2009

Living On The Fringe

I got a big kick out of this article covering the Fringe panel at last weekend's New York Comic Con, but one comment in particular by the show's Executive Producer, Jeff Pinkner, made me laugh out loud:

"“Here’s why I love Fox. They spent a lot of time trying to get the Observer on the platform at the inauguration of President Obama. I kid you not.”"

(I'm guessing the arrangements fell through because Obama's incoming administration assumed that anyone affiliated with the Fox network was sure to be just as evil and disingenuous as the morons on Fox News.)

Fans of the show know that the Observer is a character who's taken centre stage once or twice but has apparently been in the background for all of the episodes so far... some of which I've highlighted before. If I'd actually spotted him somewhere near Obama on Jan 20th, I imagine my brain would've exploded!

No comments: