Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stories That Make You Quickly Check The Date

This being late February and me not being exactly on top of the current date all of the time (thanks to not working), it's not all that much of a stretch for me to think that I've momentarily forgotten just how near or how far away April Fool's Day is at any given moment.

So when I saw the headline "Marvel Signs Samuel L. Jackson To 9-Picture Deal", I have to say that my first thought was, "Is it April 1st already?!" Turns out that it's no bull, though. Jackson, quite the comic book fan himself, apparently worked out the money issues he had with Marvel Studios not long ago, and has signed on for a whack of Nick Fury screen time over the next few years.

I think this is awesome news, personally, as I can see him bringing just the right sensibility to that role as well as providing some great continuity across the Marvel movie franchises. Dare I say that the one-time House of Ideas is actually on the verge of recreating on the silver screen the same kind of revolutionary "shared universe" vibe and thrill that they wowed us with in the comic book universe in the 1960s? I think I shall!

1 comment:

Michael Kernahan said...

Say What Again! I dare you to say what again!