Monday, February 16, 2009

Resistance 2 Campaign Finally Done

Boneman beat me to this achievement by many weeks, but today I finished the Single Player Campaign for Resistance 2.

I must say that I found it a fairly disappointing play-through compared to Resistance: Fall of Man (or the Cooperative and Competitive side of the game), especially in terms of variety of gameplay. It was still fun, though, and better than probably 80% of the other first person shooters that I've tackled over the past decade. On the other hand, it definitely wins the "Most Depressing Final Scene Award"... as anyone knows who's actually made it all the way through! Kind of makes me wonder where they'll go in Resistance 3, if such a creature ever exists.

With the Experience Points awarded to me for finishing the offline campaign, I now have the rank of 3-star Supreme Commander (level 60, the highest you can get in the game). It took over 8 days of playing time (or right around 200 hours) to reach that lofty peak, meaning that I certainly got my money's worth on this one! I think that works out to something like 20 cents/hour (and dropping, every time I play any more), which is pretty cheap entertainment nowadays.

No comments: