Thursday, February 26, 2009

Killzone 2 Is On Its Way

I've actually pre-ordered Killzone 2, the highly-anticipated, much-hyped PS/3 First Person Shooter, three times over the past several weeks. I canceled the first Best Buy order when I realized that I could get it from the same place for 10% off if I pre-ordered during an online sale period. Then I canceled that order when I discovered that Amazon was matching that 10% discount and also offering free shipping (compared to the $2 for shipping at Best Buy online), and had gotten my books to me so quickly earlier in the month.

This afternoon I got the e-mail indicating that the game has shipped from Amazon. Now the big question is: will it get here tomorrow (the launch date) or will I have to wait until Monday to try the game? There would be a certain undesirable irony to the outcome if my parcel of books (which I was in no hurry to get) arrived lightning fast while the biggest video game of the year took its own sweet time... both coming from the same place!

To warm up for the new game, I just spent 45 minutes playing a bit of Resistance 2 in Competitive mode... and got absolutely wiped out in each game (something like a total of 25 kills compared to 42 deaths)! That doesn't exactly bode well for making any hay in KZ2!

[Update: Package arrived just before 2:00 p.m. on Friday, Feb 27/09! Way to go, Amazon!! That's two good results in a row.]

No comments: