Friday, February 27, 2009

Does Anyone Have $400,000 They're Not Using?

People often express shock upon hearing that I actually spent $4,000 on a single comic book way back when (Showcase # 4, the first appearance of the Silver Age Flash). But just imagine how those jaws would drop if I told them that I'd plunked down 100 times that amount to get a copy of this little gem!

Well, somebody will be doing just that very soon, as an unrestored (and previously unknown) copy of Action Comics # 1 (which basically gave birth to the superhero industry) is going up for auction. However, unless Vicki or I win the lottery over the weekend (and I think you actually have to buy a ticket for that to happen), it sadly won't be me! But if you've been holding onto $400,000 and wondering what to do with it, you've got your answer now!

[Update March 16/09: It actually went for $317,200... a virtual steal at that price!]

No comments: