Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Speaking Of Sleeping

I had a dream the other night that really freaked me out. I was back in at the office for a visit, and one of the guys who I know there (I won't say who as I don't want to freak him out!) went to get on the elevator but didn't notice that that the car was misaligned in the shaft. I yelled at him not to get on, but he didn't hear me or else ignored me. He got on and as the damned thing went up I saw his foot get severed from his leg and realized worse was happening up above (but I just couldn't see it)!

When I woke up - right after that happened in the dream, I had willed myself awake as I sometimes do when the events are too intense - and thought about it, I realized that it reminded me of a true life story that had rocked our community when I was a teenager. The younger brother of a girl with whom I was friendly was out jumping on to and off of moving trains, as kids sometimes did, when he lost his grip, fell under the wheels and was... well, I don't even like typing the words. I've had a bit of a fear of moving trains ever since.

I just hope that now I don't develop an irrational aversion to elevators.

2 comments:

Boneman8 said...

Agileboy....(whispers) I think he's talking about you!

Anonymous said...

Awww crap. This sidekick gig sucks.