Friday, May 29, 2009

Halfway Through The Current Contract

I'm 3 weeks in, with another 3 to go yet. It's definitely been an eye-opener to see first-hand how things are done in a very different environment than I'm used to.

I've completed my review of the current process that they use and made 20+ written recommendations on things they could do that might help. I'll be implementing a handful of them over the remaining time, I suspect, where it's possible to do so without disrupting the development project that's presently underway (and at a critical juncture). Most of what I think I'll be contributing will be the creation of document templates that can be used to gather and record project-related information that's not always being collected now, as well as a skeleton layout of a project life cycle that can aid in ensuring that steps aren't overlooked in the future.

The staff there are all very friendly and of course it's great to be working in the same place with Vicki once again. I've also been lucky enough to resume a friendship with another old-timer from the bank (someone who actually started there almost a decade before I did!)

Anyway, it's good to reach the halfway mark. I had no idea that I'd feel the "weight" of working again as quickly or as strongly as I did, but oh boy! I'm already looking forward to another break!

No comments: