Thursday, May 07, 2009

One For The Lost Fans

Regular Lost columnist Jeff "Doc" Jensen is doing a survey this week, and I plan to participate. Specifically, he wants all Lost fans to e-mail him with their "Top 3 Lost Mysteries That Must Be Resolved" by the time the series ends. As he says, we all have lists of that sort that are much more than three-deep, but let's get our top 3 in to him so that he can sift through it all and see what the biggest ones are.

Send your list to JeffJensenEW@aol.com (I'm about to send mine any second now!).

[Update: My e-mail just bounced, on account of Jeff's inbox currently being full. Sigh.]

[Update 2: Several subsequent attempts have also failed, so I've given up. Here's what I attempted to send his way, though:

"Here's my Top 3 List, as you asked for in this week's column. In order to come up with these 3 in particular, I eliminated any that I think are very likely to be revealed based on where the storyline has gone so far. As an example, I think it's highly likely that we'll find out why Richard has been around so long, since he's been so prominently featured this season. My Top 3 are therefore ones that I really want to know the answer to but fear the show may never give us closure on.

1) How does the island "replace" people (the French expedition, Eko's brother, Christian, etc) and what exactly ARE the replacements (how much of the memories of the original do they have, do they share any empathy with the original, and so on)?

2) Why are there so many connections between the various castaways and their friends and family (as shown in so many of the flashbacks)? Is there a reason for it, or are we to just believe they're all coincidences?

3) What are the limits to the island's power? We've seen it prevent death (Michael not able to shoot himself) and extend its reach well beyond its own shores. What can't it do?
"

At least I got to share them with you all!]

No comments: