Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Rat # 1963031094, Reporting Back In To The Race

Starting next week, I'll be following Vicki's lead in more ways than one.

I've been offered a 6-week contract at the same place where she's been working since late-February. Where she's been impressing them with her Business Analyst skills, however, I'll be trying to earn my pay by reviewing their current development practices and processes, and making recommendations on how to improve them, where appropriate. It's clearly not the same role that I bumbled my way through as the Agile Manager last time I was earning a wage, but on the other hand, there are definitely some points of overlap between the two. So we'll see how that goes.

It's possible that the 6 weeks will turn into something longer, but at this point I'm just glad to be getting a chance to dip my toe back into the work pool for a while. After more than 9 months off, I'm ready for a new challenge.

2 comments:

Michael Kernahan said...

Congratulations!!

I will be expecting my normal cut.

:-)

tammy said...

oh my! way to go!