Saturday, May 30, 2009

Now That's Parity!

I just heard on today's Dodgers/Cubs game that the two teams have previously faced each other 2026 times, heading into their meeting today. Over that period of time, stretching back to the late 19th century, their record against each other? 1013 wins each! Wow!!

Oh, and speaking of baseball: the Jays halted their 9-game losing streak with a 6-3 win last night against Tim Wakefield and the Red Sox (both of whom started the streak by beating Toronto almost 2 weeks ago). They posted a 5-3 victory this afternoon for a 2-game winning streak... or "2 wins in their last 11 games", depending upon how short your memory is!

(And if you've got really good total recall, then you're better off than me: I just realized that I'd already essentially covered the lead story - above - last year! Sometimes I just can't help repeating myself... it's an old man thing, OK?)

No comments: