Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another June Ends

This was possibly our most expensive June ever, between the siding, pool liner, pool cover, pool heater repair, and air conditioning trauma (although, fortunately, we've delayed the big expense on that latter item for a few months, it seems). It'd be really nice if we didn't have anything else go wrong for at least the next six months!

The weather was also kind of weird over the past month: lots of rain in the forecast, but not all that much actual precipitation, and crazy "mood swings" between heat waves and downright chilly periods. I think I've gotten fewer June swims in than I've come to expect from past years, but maybe July and August will make up for it.

Vicki and I are both engaged in varying types of "work talk" right now, although - as always - any or all of it may come to naught. I'm down to 4 hours of Math tutoring per week for the summer (unless things change, which they always seem to do), which is the lightest schedule I've had in awhile. As a result, I hope to get a lot of reading done, which would be good since my pile of unread books has once again grown rather large. There's something about sitting by the pool with a good book on a summer day that's kind of hard to beat.

Anyway, enough about June... bring on July!!

No comments: