Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's Like Dying, Over And Over Again

I've been replaying the single player campaign of Killzone 2 recently, albeit on a higher difficulty this time. I'm finding that there are parts of the game that I barely remember, probably because I blitzed right through them the first time. Not so much on this pass, thanks to the increased challenge at this setting.

I'd say that each level sees me die at least half a dozen times before I can successfully push through it (and sometimes a lot more than that). An unexpected side effect of this is that I'm having to try out a lot more different playing styles than I've ever had to do before. I was tempted at first to just give up and dial down the difficulty, but I resisted that urge and I'm now far enough into the campaign that I think I might actually be able to complete it. However it's probably the toughest challenge of its type that I've ever taken on.

No comments: