Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Endless Job

Vicki's bearing the brunt of my frustration right now as I'm nearing the end of my rope with the contractors who are re-siding our house. The job started on the Tuesday after the long weekend (May 25) and was originally estimated at about a week and a half to two weeks. We're now almost through our third week, and it still doesn't look anywhere nearly finished to me. Granted, there's been one day when no work was done at all because of rain, and two half days where the morning or afternoon work was rained out. But we've also had clear days when the workers took off at 2:00, 2:30 or 3:00 (4:00 seems to be about the latest they ever work), which has got to have contributed to this thing seeming to go on forever.

Today I'd thrown a load of laundry in the washing machine because the forecast is actually clear for a change, only to discover that "the guys" had taken the clothesline down because they were working in that area of the backyard. As I said to Vicki, "I guess I'm tossing this load in the dryer, as I don't dare slow them down by asking them to put the line back up!"

They seem to be doing a good job, but holy crap is this thing ever taking forever!

No comments: