Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Baseball Fever!

I couldn't watch this afternoon's game live - despite working in an environment where almost everyone has a TV on their desk - so I recorded it. When I got home, Vicki had ascertained that it was in the 8th inning, but wisely imparted no other information to me so that I could enjoy it from the start. Between 6:00 and 8:00, I saw the entirety of the Rockies / Phillies match (4-2 Col) and the first several innings of the Angels / Red Sox game that had started around 6:30.

With one minute to go before my recording would end (at 8:00), I caught up to live and was done with the five hour recording I'd whipped through. I couldn't record past 8:00 because both tuners were going to be tied up PVR'ing 2 regular shows (not baseball games; how weird is that?) so that's when I switched over to using the TV's tuner (losing my HD quality in the bargain, but at least the game viewing continued uninterrupted). In another few minutes (9:00) I'll be able to resume watching the current game in HD, which stands at 4-0 Bos in the 8th. I'll stay up to watch at least the first several innings of the late game (Cubs at Arizona, 10:00 start) but likely won't last for the whole thing.

Tomorrow, which features another three games (Col vs Phi Game 2, NYY vs Cle Game 1 and Chi vs Ari Game 2), will likely look a lot like today! Have I mentioned I absolutely loooove the first round of the baseball playoffs every year? It's possibly my favourite week of sports each year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love to see someone else with the passion of baseball that I do. My passion for baseball is much stonger then even hockey (not good for a Canadaian boy) and I'm the biggest Red Wing there is.