Friday, October 26, 2007

The San Francisco Treat

It's looking more and more likely that I may be heading San Fran-way sometime in November, in order to provide some Story Points training to a sister company of ours out west. I've been to California exactly one time before - three years ago? - when I got to see Hollywood up close and personal, including the theatre where the Oscars are held, and San Francisco through a taxi window.

This time, it'd be the north only, and I'm hoping that Vicki will be able to come along (she's never been that far west). It seems like I rarely travel without her anymore, anyway, and that's a good thing! Right now we're simply crunching the numbers to make sure that it'd be enough of a treat for her to make it worthwhile having to pay her way (obviously my expenses are taken care of by work). From what we're hearing, SF is a great city to visit, and the sort of place you'll want to go back to. So we're definitely leaning toward making it all happen.

And if you've got a favourite story about the city by the bay, please feel free to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I've been there! It was nice, very friendly city - lots to see and do inlcuding GGB, Alcatraz, GG park, trolley rides, the wharf, etc. You could take a trip into wine country too if you rent a car. Just remember to pack lots of sweaters and jackets - it is colder than anywhere else in California.

cac said...

You'll love it - it's a wonderful city. I concur with the recommendation to Napa for wines. Try the Robert Mondavi winery. Lots of amazing restaurants too - one of the top 5 cities in the US for culinary delights IMHO.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

You do both recall I don't drink, right??

Oh, I guess it's a recommendation for Vicki... fair enough!