Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thursday Night Blowouts

For whatever reason, each of the three playoff games tonight have been lopsided. The early game saw Colorado outslug the Phillies to a final score of 10-5, and then the Indians shocked the Yankees 11-3. [Correction: 12-3] Right now the Diamondbacks have just jumped out to a 6-2 lead over the poor Chicago Cubs - last World Series championship for the Cubs? Only 99 years ago! - and they're not even out of the inning yet!

After last night's relatively close games, today's action has had little in the way of late drama. I may not make it all the way to the end of this game, like I did in Arizona's 3-1 victory last night / early this morning.

Tomorrow I'll actually end up missing most or all of the two games (both in the American League)... but it's for a good cause!

2 comments:

Boneman8 said...

Not that I actually savoured it, but the Indians spanked the Yanks 12-3, not 11-3 as you mentioned. The bottom line is that the hated Yankees got schooled last night, I guess..but somehow seeing them lose 12-3 is much more sweeter to this Red Sox fan than seeing them lose 11-3.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Thanks Boneman! I must've stopped paying attention after they got up 11-3, but you're absolutely right: 12-3 was the final.

And Arizona eventually won 8-4, although I gave up when it was 8-2.