Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Quite The Freakin' Game!

Tonight's one-game tiebreaker between San Diego and Colorado had a little bit of everything, including a grand slam, a bunch of lead changes, a 2-run top of the 13th followed by a 3-run bottom half, a play at the plate to decide the game, and an injury to a player on the winning side on that final play! The game lasted almost 5 hours and they're still showing the replay of that final confrontation at the plate, and it's pretty clear that the runner never actually came into contact with home (so, a blown call by the ump)! Final score: Colorado 9, San Diego 8 (in 13 innings)

Un-be-liev-able!

If this is indicative of how the postseason's going to go... bring it on!

2 comments:

Boneman8 said...

I turned it on and it was in the 11th and I thought to myself, "Wow...what a game THIS must be!!" I managed to keep consciousness till the middle of the 12th and went to sleep..waking up to see the exciting finale in the 13th inning, which really should have pushed them to the 14th inning. Maybe the highlights didn't show it, but I would have thought that the Padre dugout would have gone absolutely bananas with the blown call..after all, it was ONLY their season on the line!

Anonymous said...

Sad to say I lasted until the top of the 13th somewhere and had to go to bed....I had already been nodding in and out of the 12th.