Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's Time For A Break (It's Not Me, It's You!)

When a team starts off 3-6-1 in its first 10 games, and only scores 3 goals over its past 4 games, it clearly has some serious problems that need addressing. I'm hoping that the management of the New York Rangers will do just that, and I'm going to give them some privacy in which to do so. For the next month or so, I'm turning a blind eye to whatever the team is up to. I don't plan to check out the scoreboard to see how their doing, or even glance at the NHL standings if I can help it. It's too frustrating to do so, since they've already ruined many a night for me in this young season, but I'm only taking a break ("We were on a break!" - Ross, on Friends) not giving up forever.

You can do your part by respecting my choice and keeping comments about the team to yourself. And you know who you are!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agile Boy looks Guilty.

I only wanted to share your pain man!!

Boneman8 said...

Can I still talk about the Bruins with you?

Anonymous said...

I deserve a slap on the wrist as well... in the midst of our forecasting/re-forecasting I didn't update myself on your blog. I'll respect your one month vow of silence... after my blunder today...

cac said...

If you end up looking for a new team to support, may I suggest a certain team residing in your home province who sports a tidy 9-1 record...