Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Do You Want To See Something Really Scary?

(For those who don't know, that's a famous line from Twilight Zone: The Movie.)

It's Halloween once again, and it looks like we'll have right around our usual number of Trick-or-Treaters (we're currently at 18, and that may be as high as it goes). Most of them have been good at remembering to say "thank you" (occasionally with some prompting by parents) but one kid thought that he got to pick out his favourites and possibly even make requests for ones that weren't being offered...

And Tammy spent her first Halloween as a full-time worker bee off in the New York City area, toiling long into the evening on an audit with no end in sight! Not exactly how she pictured it, I imagine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sad for myself. Halloween is my favorite non-present holiday!

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly... no big kids this year. Usually there is always some kids who are borderline "to old" to be asking for candy, but you give it to them so they don't egg your house.

Hmmm... maybe I should have checked they house this morning.

Boneman8 said...

At my inlaws' house, a bunch of "too olds" showed up and my mother-in-law said, "Hey, you're dressed up in any costume". The twit responded, "I'm pretending I'm a teenager, that's what I'm dressed up as", so I yelled through the kitchen, "Then how about we PRETEND to give you some candy??"

Boneman8 said...

that should have been, "you're NOT dressed up in any costume".

Anonymous said...

I don't mind what age they are if they are dressed in costume and say thanks at the end. I was a bit surprised by the picky kid - glad he was mine!

Too bad Tammy wasn't home..might have been some interesting costumes in here new neighborhood!