Saturday, August 01, 2009

Celebrating One Year Of Freedom

Yup, it was one year ago today that I worked my last day as a full-time employee. As I left the office for the final time, I really had very little idea what would come next (for the first time in a long, long while) but it turned out to be:
  • several months of shared rest and relaxation with Vicki
  • a second AgileMan book
  • the start of a Math Tutoring enterprise
  • a few weeks of consultation work to bring in the big(ger) bucks
  • a year of feeling pretty good about the decision that I'd made last July
All in all, I'd say that first year of un/self-employment was mighty fine, indeed. So, "Happy Anniversary" to me, and a big, heartfelt "Hey, how's it going?!" to any of my former co-workers who might be reading this.

No comments: