Monday, August 31, 2009

Enough Destruction; Back To Killing

I've been playing Red Faction: Guerrilla pretty much exclusively over the past few weeks, but tonight I finally tired of it. I'd liberated a couple of the sections of Mars but then ran into a mandatory mission which had 10 parts (tasks) to it as well as a brand new, more powerful set of enemies to contend with. Once I realized that it was all or nothing - meaning, accomplish all 10 before dying or else start all over - I didn't think it would be long before I became fed up with it. Sure enough, about an hour later, I told Vicki, "Well, time to put this game away and move on to something less frustrating."

All told, though, I spent several dozen hours playing RF:G, between the campaign, a little bit of online fun and a fair amount of time spent in "Wrecking Crew", which is the head-to-head destruction competitions in which you go up against other players on the same console (which was Vicki and Tammy, in this case). So I'm quite happy with the amount of entertainment I got for my $60, but I'm now moving on to something new.

I've just now started Battlefield Bad Company and it's nice to be back to a more standard type of gameplay (see enemies, kill enemies). I have to admit, though, that it was hard to break the habit of trying to smash stuff with my vehicles, as I ended up trying to ram a jeep through a building in BFBC only to be somewhat disappointed in the results.

No comments: