Thursday, August 06, 2009

Laptop Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

After approximately one year with my $399 Acer laptop, running Vista Home Basic with 1 Gig of memory and enduring start-up and wake-up times of anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes, mysterious and frequent lockups and spontaneous powerdowns (sometimes while I was in the midst of typing into it), I've given up on this piece of crap and ordered its replacement.

The box arrived today but I haven't even opened it yet. I'm worried that my new machine, with its miraculous 4 Gigs of memory and $599 price tag, won't live up to my expectations built up during the long year that I've had with this extremely disappointing purchase. Maybe tomorrow I'll work up the courage to crack the box, start up my new laptop and begin the long process of moving files and settings over. Maybe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

5 to 25 minutes what were you running on it???

Which model was it so I know to avoid?