Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Math Consumes My Life

Over the long weekend and right through yesterday, I did an amazing amount of Math reading and practice exercises. In fact, as I lay in bed last night I realized that I had done so much Math yesterday that I hadn't even posted anything to the blog! For shame!

I'm now (back) up to the point where I feel pretty confident that I could score a good mark on a Grade 10 Math test if I had to, which certainly wasn't the case at this time last week. I was struggling enough with Grade 11 Functions over the weekend that I finally realized that I needed to re-establish the basic stuff that comes before it... which I've now done. As I was telling Tammy over MSN last night, I feel dumb because I'm having to cover material that I used to know, but of course the reality is that I'm probably smarter right now than I've ever been since I haven't (yet) lost all of the experience that I've gained over 20+ years of working, reading and learning. I also implored Tammy to come for a visit so that I could "talk Math" with her on some of the subjects that I'm shakiest on right now, so we may see her this weekend.

No comments: