Friday, August 28, 2009

Fun For XBox Live Gold Members

I read an interview recently with actress/writer/gamer Felicia Day (who played the love interest in Dr Horrible's Sing-along Blog) which piqued my curiousity about The Guild, a (now in its 3rd season) series of short videos about a group of rabid MMORPG players who are every bit as dysfunctional as you'd imagine.

I downloaded the first season on the 360 and Vicki and I just finished watching them (total running time is about 40 mins or so). They are hilarious! I don't know how much of our appreciation of the humour stems from both of us being fairly into the whole gaming thing, but I suspect some of it would appeal to just about anyone. I highly recommend it for anyone who's got the Gold membership to XBox Live already. It may even be available out on the Web for everyone else... in which case, it's certainly worth tracking it down. I'm downloading the 2nd season's episodes right now, and it looks like Season Three has just begun (one episode is available so far).

I believe Felicia Day was on Dollhouse in some capacity last year and is making a return appearance, joining Summer Glau who's also been announced as a regular there for Season Two (with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles now sadly deceased). What a great lineup for that show!

2 comments:

McMike said...

It is a great series. I watched the first season on youtube some time ago. It is especially funny if you play warcraft. You can definitely relate to the characters.
Guess I now need to search out the rest...

tammy said...

this post is very pop culture relevant to me right now. in the past week i both watched her 'date my avatar' video, and read this article about dollhouse. http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/08/27/dollhouse-summer-glau-joss-whedon/

also, do you remember ms. day from buffy? (one of those potentials in season 7)